Seven decades of excellence

Even in the rough economic times of 1934, the automobile industry was growing in the Saginaw area. Northern Industrial Supply was spun off from Bay City’s Northern Supply Company to better serve the industrial supply and power transmission needs of that growing manufacturing base.

As the auto industry grew to it's height in the 1960's, NIS grew with it, and eventually expanded with facilities in Gaylord and Alpena.

Since the 1960s, the auto industry has changed, and NIS has adapted and evolved along with it, including:

  • Partnerships with global manufacturers and suppliers
  • Representation of more than 200 manufacturers of power transmission equipment and accessories
  • Stocking more than 50,000 industrial items
  • Membership in IDC-USA and Induserve

Today, we serve an incredibly diverse base of manufacturers throughout northern Michigan.